In­for­ma­ti­on for In­co­m­ings

About FHDW

Our Credo

The FHDW was founded in 1993 as one of the first private universities in Germany. Our key competence is the advanced experience gained from a dual course of studies in Business Administration or Information Science for Business. Nowadays we prepare future managers in East Westphalia. The quarterly change between theoretical and practical phases is the key competence of the FHDW Studying in small groups, intensive individual support, intensive mentoring by the lecturers, highly practically oriented lectures, and a high number of international university cooperation agreements are other key indicators.


Fit for the re­al world

It is essential for the FHDW philosophy that our students are fit: highly qualified for daily work, both personally and professionally. But we also understand the word “fit” in terms of fitting together. Since we know our students well and have been cooperatin with our partner companies for a long time, we know what is important. That is why our trainee program takes place before the students work in the companies so we can ensure that we bring the right partners together. This way we can ensure the development of future management talent in the long term in a targeted, strategically oriented process. This is a decisive advantage of our concept in view of the clear lack of trained talent in business today.


Ho­me is whe­re the heart is

For Stu­dents ab­road

Students from abroad may take part in all language courses at the FHDW (Business English, French, Spanish, Chinese). German courses are offered free of charge for groups of at least ten students. In addition, accompanying online courses are recommended. Exchange students and German students get the opportunity to learn from each other by learning together in small groups.

In­di­vi­du­al Sup­port

The International Office advises incoming students and introduces them to their mentors and their fellow students. A student tutor (buddy) accompanies each student during the academic and intercultural integration. The International Office provides support and advice for exchange students during their stay. It also assists students in finding accommodation.

The In­ter­na­tio­nal Of­fice Team

Head of International Office

 Karin Carroll-Scott

@Campus Paderborn

[email protected]

+49 5251 301-183

Jessica Schwabe


@Campus Paderborn

[email protected]

+49 5251 301-283

Britt Zein

@Campus Bielefeld

[email protected]

+49 521 23842-231